Thursday, May 16, 2013

How will Fergie spend his retirement? Cooking, reading about JFK, working out in the gym and taking his wife to the cinema By James Andrew

Sir Alex Ferguson maybe set for retirement but it is unlikely that he will settle for a quiet life.
The long-serving Manchester United manager announced last week that he will end his 27 year reign at Old Trafford after Sunday’s game with West Brom.
But with 11 grandchildren and a busy work out routine in the gym as well as his wife to indulge it is easy to see how Fergie will fill his time.
But the chances of Ferguson returning to his roots and going back to Scotland look unlikely as his family are settled in England.



In an interview for Manchester radio station Key 103 recorded in 2007, Ferguson said: ‘I miss Scotland. I must say it's fantastic. But of course my home is now in England.
‘You are subject to where your family wants to be. All of the grandchildren are born in England and my sons are here, my wife's happy here, she's got her grandchildren. There's no reason to go back to Scotland.
‘I try to have as normal home life as possible. I think having the wife that I've got who is disinterested in football it's easy.’
On his fitness regime he said: ‘I try to go to the gym a couple of times a week. I try to do 15 mins on the treadmill, 10 mins on the bike and five mins on the rowing machine. The bike is the hardest one. Ten minutes is enough.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home